Worlds Apart

Thursday, January 11, 2007

torch 07

Well here it is, I'm finally getting the information that I have been saying i would put online for about 2 months..

2007 is upon us and it is time to start preparing for another awesome summer in Honduras. This year, for those of you who have not heard, I am heading up the May trip. For the last few years my dad has been the leader, but this year he is teaching and school isn't out until the end of May. The May trip has traditionally been a college trip with about 30 people coming from mostly Christian Universities from the south.

If you have been on a TORCH trip, you can skip this part, but I wanted to give a summary of TORCH and the work in Honduras. TORCH has been going to Honduras for almost 20 years now. We have built well over 1,000 homes for families in need. None of these homes have been destroyed by any sort of natural forces. Even the homes we built before Hurricane Mitch remained in tact when we returned. However, TORCH is much more involved than just building houses. We will also be doing food distributions, medical brigades, hospital visitations, and visiting children's homes and orphanages. Most importantly, we will be conducting Bible studies and VBS for children.
Now, everyone has their calling, I don't know what yours is, but I want to encourage you to give this trip some serious consideration. I can promise you that it will be a life changing experience that you will never forget.

Here are some of the important details of this year's trip:

DATES: will be May 20-30. There will be no retreat during these dates, but I will get to that a little later.

COST: This year we are doing the price a little bit differently, so let me explain:
Traditionally we have priced the trips with the airfare included. This year there will be a base cost of $425, which will cover our rooming at the mission house and 2 meals per day there, gas for the buses, exit fees, and some basic operating expenses of the trip. This makes the system much easier on our part, and gives you the opportunity to decide how much the total cost of the trip will be. Here's the important part: it doesn't matter which airline you fly on. As long as you get there on May 20th, how you get there is not as important as you being there for the trip! If you want to find your ticket on expedia or find a discount online, if you want to fly on your rich uncle's private jet, if you want to fly on "bob's airline company", it's your world, i just want to pick you up there safely on May 20th.

DEADLINES: Because i am just now putting this information out, I am not going to be a ridiculous dictator on deadlines.. yet! Right now what i need to know is if you're interested in going, and get some applications filled out. As far as this is concerned I would really like to know by the end of January what my roster is going to look like. I will work out a payment schedule soon, but to give you an idea, I will need the first payment sometime in late February/early March and the final payment early April.

I know that this is going to be an awesome trip and an amazing experience for everyone on it. God has really blessed this trip in the past and I know that He will gladly bless it this year. I'm excited already, and I hope you are too.

So, if you read this and are interested, send me a message, email, or call me and I would be glad to get you more information or fill any blanks that I left out on here. If you think you know someone who would be interested, pass this on to them. I would love for our number to grow this year and to get more colleges involved in this ministry. You can email me at either of these addresses:

ncreeves@gmail.com
or
reevesnc@lipscomb.edu

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon

Nate

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home